Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Craft Storage

I do a lot of knitting and sewing. And the occasional needlepoint. Or wood craft. Or bead work. Okay, let's face it, I'm a craft junkie. I primarily knit and sew, though, and usually have a multitude of projects going at once. I've found that a great way to store ongoing projects is by using the plastic bags that curtains come in. Some have zipper closures and some have snaps, and most of them have hooks. I stick projects in them along with any notes I have and hang them on hangers. Usually I can fit four or five bags on a hanger, depending on the size of each one. The great thing for me is that the bags are clear so I can always see what's inside them! Now, ironically, I usually sew things like curtains and rarely end up buying the bags. Luckily I have friends and relatives who are happy to part with their packaging!

No comments: