Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Storage Throw Pillows

I love throw pillows. They're handy to have around. A few years ago I received two zippered throw pillow covers free with a purchase I made. I didn't know what to do with them - I didn't need new covers for my pillows! Then I had an idea. I took a bunch of scrap fabric (some small pieces, some large pieces, whatever worked) and filled the pillows. I had instant scrap fabric storage and new pillows! Now I periodically sew zippered throw pillows and fill them with various unused fabrics. This also works for storing underused sheets, blankets and even towels. Keep in mind that the type of fabric and how much you put in will change the comfort of the pillow. I love storing fleece - I often buy fabric long before I use it and the fleece makes for a cushy pillow!

No comments: