Sunday, December 03, 2006

Cat Induced Scare

Our cats are not allowed in our bedroom. This has not always been the case, but the rule was created for several reasons. My husband is mildly allergic and cat hair on the bedding is problematic. The odder reason is that Brogan has the unfortunate tendency of sleeping on our faces. Wake up with cat hair in your mouth one too many times and you'll kick them out of your room, too. I'd like to avoid the nightmare scenario of being suffocated by my cat.

Anyhow, this evening I had the bedroom door open while I was putting away clean laundry. Brogan boldly ventured in, as usual, and I shooed him away. Charlie and Nola were nowhere to be seen. A little later I got in bed. I was in the room for quite awhile, typing on my computer. Suddenly a ball of fur came flying through the air and landed on the bed, nearly giving me a heart attack! Sneaky Nola had been hiding behind the window curtain the entire time! She casually sauntered to the door as if she had done nothing wrong. This from the cat who usually scurries from the room if I catch her even peeking in! That's right, my fuzzy little cat sent my heart racing. Cats crack me up.

No comments: