Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Quick Cat Training

Having indoor/outdoor cats can sometimes be a hassle, particularly when you need the cats back in the house at night or before you leave on vacation. I don't know about your cats, but mine will look at me from across the yard and show no interest in returning to the house. If I try to bring them in they think I'm playing a game and they run just far enough away to be out of reach, wait for me to catch up, and run some more. I've found that treat bags work wonders. Most cats love the occasional treat and bags like Friskies make a distinct sound when crumpled. If my cats hear the sound they come running and can easily be lured in the house for one measly treat. This is a great alternative to the old opening-a-can trick because you can use the same treat bag again and again!

No comments: