Monday, October 30, 2006

Natural Toothpaste

Okay, I admit it, toothpaste in a tube really disgusts me. I've never enjoyed squeezing it onto my toothbrush or the feel of the paste in my mouth. That being said, I also prefer more natural methods of keeping my teeth healthy. I tried just using baking soda and water, but the baking soda left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I really didn't look forward to brushing. Then I was introduced to tooth powder. At first I was wary, but I've been using it for over a year and I'm hooked! There are different brands and varieties and I've only tried a few (I really like Eco-Dent), but I love the idea of powder instead of paste. This is also a great tooth cleanser to travel with - if it breaks in your luggage you can sweep it up and nothing gets ruined! Two added bonuses for me are that 1) you need very little to brush with and 2) if you normally share your toothpaste with someone else there's less contact on the actual brush than with a tube.

No comments: